Monday, June 7, 2010

What a day

Today was one of those days that in the past would have had me running through a fast food place or worse yet craving, and getting, a donut or some other comfort food. But I resisted and spent some time chatting with a friend and reading to my son instead. :) In the end I couldn't even finish my dinner.

I'm doing much better about slowing down as I eat and even waiting a few minutes between bites. I have to be honest though. It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th bite before my brain kicked in and I put my fork down and concentrated on chewing my food throughly. But, baby steps, baby steps, I'm getting there.

I tried to get up early this morning and maybe go for a quiet walk with some worship music, but, The Boy, was already awake! At 6:15 am! Crazy kid. Did at least get to read my Bible and have a quiet cup of coffee. Maybe tomorrow. If The Boy goes down for bed soon I may take off and have my walk yet tonight. Right now he is up in the bath with Daddy listening for too much splashing.

I called and set up my Psyc. Eval. for the 25th of this month. My sleep study is the 24th. So I will already be in town. Here's hoping I actually sleep at the sleep study or the Psychiatrist may have trouble understanding me.

That just leaves my blood work, which I have to fast for 15 hours for, and an EKG. That's where I'm having the trouble. My primary care doctor no longer has someone in her office who does them. I need to call my OB/GYN to see if they can do one.

I would like to be able to show up to my next appointment with all of the prelim stuff done and ready to show that I am serious about this and able to follow through. I know that this surgery is not a cure, it's a tool. I'm just so ready to begin using that tool.

The biggest challenge will be the month of July. We are taking the month and driving down to Arizona to visit family. Eating on the road may get a bit tricky. I'll have to pack carefully so that we can also take the cooler and pack some of our own food. That way we are not eating out for every meal while traveling.