Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Out with the ladies

So last night I went out with some friends of mine from the Curves I worked at. We try to get together every other month or so. I was very good all day so that I could really enjoy dinner last night. The Brewster Inn is a local bed and breakfast that has a very nice restaurant and on Tuesdays you can bring your own bottle of wine for no extra charge. There were 6 of us there last night and 5 bottles of wine. I did try all the wine but probably only actually consumed 1.5 glasses.

For dinner I ordered off the Tavern menu, smaller portions, smaller price. The dish I went with was Truffle encrusted Tuna with wilted spinach and homemade noodles. Really good and just the right amount. The tuna had the added bonus of still tasting good even when cold which is the temp. by the time I finished. I was the last one done. One of the other ladies asked for a dessert menu and the waitress commented that she had been waiting for everyone to be done. I still had 4 bites left.

I did finish before everyone was ready to order dessert. I looked at the dessert menu, so many good things and "tried" to be good. They make their own ice cream and sorbet so the flavor changes daily. Yesterday it was coconut sorbet! So good.

In the end I probably went over my calories for the day, I didn't go for a walk and I'm okay with that. If that only happens once every few months that's okay. It's been allowing that to happen much more often that has lead me to this point. I just have to make sure I get in some exercise today.